Viwa Island Resort has one of the most enviable beaches in Fiji! The resort is located on Viwa Island, approximately 40 miles north-west of Nadi in the beautiful Yasawa Island Group. Viwa Island Resort is a small intimate boutique resort catering for adults only that allows you to experience the real untouched Fiji. Its location, surroundings and ecologically friendly environment, along with the Fijian hospitality, make it the place to get away from the stress of everyday life and allow you to enjoy that island holiday you have been dreaming about. The island is surrounded by a blossoming rich colorful coral reef that is abundant with a variety of aquatic life, making it a fantastic place for diving, fishing, snorkeling and other water sports. With only 11 deluxe beachfront bures, a stay at Viwa will be very special and certainly one to remember. Amenities include an amazing swimming pool overlooking the beautiful beach, a restaurant with a variety of cuisine specializing in fresh seafood caught locally and fresh produce grown at the resort, a relaxing bar with uninterrupted ocean views from every seat, boutique, massage facilities, water sports, diving, sports and game fishing.
- Snorkeling equipment provided
- Snorkeling safaris. Although the snorkeling is great straight off the beach we also take guests in a boat to different locations around the island for additional variety.
- Hand line fishing (you will be amazed at the size of the fish caught on hand lines!)
- Beach volleyball
- Petanque (boules)
- Table Tennis
- Cultural activities – basket and hat weaving, sulu tying, coconut husking
- Fijian Cooking Lessons
- Fish feeding
- Village visits
- Hike to historic monument
- Nightly entertainment with the Viwa Band
- Meke shows twice per week
- Fire Dancing
- Kava Ceremonies
- Introduction to SCUBA Diving in the pool
- Two fantastic village visits. One is to the village next door to the resort and the village is called Naibalebale. It is about 10 minutes walk. There is a school in the village and the children perform a mini concert during the visit. It is something that all guests absolutely love. It is a traditional village so it is a real taste of the true Fiji. We also go to the village on Sundays for Church service and the amazing singing. (Although this tour is free with a guide from the Resort, the village does ask for a minimal fee of F$4.00 per person “landing fee”.)
The other village is called Natija and it is across the other side of the island. It is about 45 mins – 1 hour casual walk. It is an easy walk on level ground and you don’t need walking shoes. Viwa is very flat. A lot of the way is shaded under the canopy of the trees so it is an enjoyable walk. It is a much smaller village and is really lovely. It is beautifully maintained and is such a picturesque location. The ladies in the village make a special morning tea for the guests. Guests are returned to the resort by boat so they don’t have to walk back. (Although this tour is free with a guide from the Resort, the village does ask for a minimal fee of F$4.00 per person “landing fee”.)
- Diving (PADI 5 Star)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Romantic Dinner on the Beach
- Private Beach Picnic
- Day Trip to Waya Island
Unique to this resort
One of Fiji’s best beaches
The resort has 11 deluxe beachfront bures – 8 Deluxe Beachfront Bures and 3 two Deluxe Two Bedroom Beachfront Bures catering for up to 4 people (can be booked for 2 people). The traditional Fijian style bures with thatched roof and high vaulted ceilings are very spacious and have only the best quality furniture and fittings. The bures have air conditioning, fan cooled, tea/coffee making facilities, refrigerator, hairdryer, in room safe and large covered balcony with sun lounge and chairs.
Check-in: 12 Noon
Check-out: 10 am
Continental Breakfast is included daily. You may then purchase meals a la Carte or from the daily blackboard specials.
Daily Meal plan – $89 per person
Includes a two course lunch, three course dinner from the a la carte menu, and tea and coffee.
The restaurant will cater to all tastes and requirements and will have a cuisine specializing in fresh seafood caught locally and fresh produce grown at the resort.
No children under 16
Weddings & Honeymooners
Weddings – Rates available upon request
Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival and a tropical fruit platter.
Package Inclusions & Pricing
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Nadi with Fiji Airways
- Meet & greet upon arrival in Fiji
- Round-trip transfers to and from the marina via bus or private car (your choice)
- Round-trip launch transfers to Viwa Island Resort via high speed Catamaran (or helicopter or seaplane)
- 7 night’s accommodation in Bure of your choice
- Stay 7/Pay 5 Special (conditions apply)
- Cooked Breakfast Daily
The rates below are per person and based on two people traveling together and sharing a room with travel dates until 31 March 2017 (blackouts may apply). They are based on the lowest published airfare and the best low season resort special and are subject to availability. Rates may change at anytime without notice. Please request a quote, for an exact rate on your preferred dates.
Resort Stay Options and Pricing
|Deluxe Beachfront Bure||$2,368|
|Deluxe 2 Bedroom Beachfront Bure||$2,553|