Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas is a family-owned 3 star boutique property comprising of both a hotel & villas. Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located on Titekaveka Beach on Rarotonga’s stunning southern coast. Here the 10 kilometer stretch of soft sand is so white, that you can walk on it without shoes or sandals – even in the heat of the day. The lagoon is iridescent blue and offers a safe, sheltered marine playground, teeming with colorful tropical fish – one of the premier spots on Rarotonga for snorkeling and swimming! All 12 Beachfront studios and 5 Deluxe Beachfront Studios are ABSOLUTE beachfront and enjoy stunning panoramic views of the lagoon, reef and vast Pacific Ocean beyond. The Hotels onsite restaurant ‘Sands Restaurant and Bar’ (formerly named Pawpaw Patch) is open daily for breakfast and dinner. Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located 4kms from Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel, located on Valmaanga beachfront (south coast of Rarotonga) offering a mix of Studios, two bedroom Apartments and two bedroom Villas. The small and friendly team at Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas will welcome you with a big Kia Orana and a smile from the heart! Sit back, relax and enjoy the view!
- Raro 4WD Mountain Safari
- Captain Tama’s Lagoon Cruise
- Cook Islands Cultural Village
- Circle Island Tour
- Dive adventures
- Boat trips
- Fishing charters
- Horseback riding
- Scenic flights
- Aitutaki day tour
- Bicycle Hire
- Moana Sands Hibiscus Spa – While holidaying in the Cook Islands, why not treat yourself to either a relaxing massage or invigorating beauty treatment at Moana Sands Hibiscus Salon. Located at the Taikura shops adjacent to the Moana Sands Beachfront Villas the salon provides a great range of relaxing beauty therapy and hair treatments including a range of soothing facials, massages, manicures and pedicures. Here you can unwind and enjoy a one hour relaxing Swedish or deep tissue massage using local cold pressed coconut oil and a homemade sugar scrub. A wide range of beauty treatments include facial therapies, full body therapies, hair treatments, massage therapies, nail treatments and threading / waxing. The sensational Cook Island Rito products are also applied during treatments to ensure your skin is left feeling refreshed and hydrated. The salon caters for bridal groups with pamper packages which include a full range of therapeutic treatments and hair styling.
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located in the Village of Titikaveka on the southern side of the island. There are 12 Beachfront Studios (6 on the ground/first floor & 6 on the next/second floor) plus 5 roomy Beachfront Deluxe Studios on the top floor of the hotel (3rd storey). All 12 Beachfront Studios and 5 Beachfront Deluxe Studios each offer fantastic views of the sparkling blue lagoon and the white sand beach is literally just steps from your door. All of our guest rooms and suites are self-contained with a small kitchenette with light cooking facilities and are air-conditioned for your comfort. The Beachfront Deluxe Studios are larger in size and their location on the top level of the hotel offers fantastic panoramic ocean views with a mountain vista upon entry. We have 4 interconnecting rooms on the ground and first floors. We also have baby cots/cribs available free to guests.
Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located at Vaimaanga, 4km or a 5 minute drive away from Moana Sands Hotel. There are 6 villas; 3 on the ground floor & 3 upstairs. Each villa has 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms. Bedding configuration can be either 2 x king beds, 1 x king & 2 single beds or 4 single beds.
All villas are ABSOLUTE beachfront, each with their own patio or balcony and a spacious open-plan lounge/dining/kitchen facility. Villas are fully serviced 6 days a week (no service on Sundays or public holidays). A BBQ on the beach is available for guests to use. Both bedrooms of each villa are airconditioned and non-smoking.
The Moana Sands office, Moana Sands Hibiscus Salon and Coco Latte Cafe are onsite and a large supermarket is located directly opposite the property. 2 restaurants are within 3 to 5min walking distance
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel Guests receive complimentary Tropical Breakfast daily in the Sands Restaurant. Tropical breakfast consists of assorted cereals, bread, butter, assorted spreads, fresh fruit, yoghurt, milk, juices, assorted teas and percolated coffee.
Moana Sands Villa guests receive a complimentary Tropical Breakfast Starter pack on arrival only. Breakfast Starter Pack consists of cereals, bread, butter, spreads, fresh fruit, milk & juice.
Moana Sands offers a range of dining options including The Sands Restaurant (formerly named Pawpaw Patch Restaurant). The Sands Restaurant provides an intimate relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy a tasty breakfast, lunch or a delicious dinner. There is also a lovely BBQ and Deck area available for guest use.
Children 11 years or under stay free in a beachfront studio when sharing with an adult. One complimentary cot is provided for an infant aged 2 years and under sharing with an adult. Maximum of 2 adults/1 child or `1 adult/2 children for a beachfront studio. Children are not permitted in a deluxe beach front studio
Weddings & Honeymooners
Moana Sands Tropical Diamond Wedding Package – approx. $1,299 USD – please ask for exact rates for your dates
– Wedding Management from a professional wedding team
Unlimited professional advice and guidance throughout your wedding journey, from the first email through until you depart from our shores post wedding. We communicate with you regularly by email.
– Wedding consultation with your Wedding Planner at Moana Sands, during which time you will cover:
All the details of the wedding and a timeline of the day
Ceremony walk through – where the Bride will walk, where the Groom stands, and the positioning of any Bridal Party or guests
Marriage licence application and assistance
Scheduling meetings with suppliers
– Marriage celebrant with full consultation to personalize the wedding service
– Round Bouquet for the Bride & Buttonhole or Neck Ei for the Groom
– Ceremony Venue and preparation
– Beach decoration
Choose from a floral wedding arch, decorated with fragrant tropical local blooms; Bamboo gazebo draped in white mull draping; Floral arrangements (4)
– Wedding Ceremony attendance through until you depart for your reception
Signing table and chairs with white linen
Bottle of Celebration Bubbly to toast your union
– Special Wedding gift to commemorate your wedding day
– Complimentary Late Check Out at Moana Sands up to 6pm
– Return Airport Transfers to Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel or Villas in Rarotonga
Honeymooners receive a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival!
Package Inclusions & Pricing
– Airfare from Los Angeles to Rarotonga
– Return airport to resort transfers
– 5 nights accommodation in room type of your choice
- Welcome juice on arrival
- Tropical breakfast daily whilst staying at Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel (starter breakfast pack on day one at the villas)
- Complimentary use of snorkeling gear and kayaks
Direct flights from Los Angeles to Rarotonga depart just once a week on a Sunday night at 11pm, arriving on a Monday morning at 6am. Your return flight would be on a Saturday night around midnight arriving back in Los Angeles on a Sunday at around 12:30pm. Your choices are therefore 6 days and 5 nights or 13 days and 12 nights etc. The rates above are based on travel from 01 April 2016 – 31 March 2017. They are based on the lowest published airfare and the best low season resort special and are subject to change without notice.
Resort Stay Options and Pricing
|Deluxe Beachfront Studio||$1,832|
|2 Bedroom Beachfront Villa||$2,424|