Situated on Ka’anapali Beach at historic Pu`u Keka`a, Black Rock, this ocean side resort is nestled amongst 23 acres of tropical landscaping along Ka’anapali’s widest expanse of beach. After a $7M guestroom renovation, each room introduces warm Hawaiian colors, textiles and prints to the legendary location with breathtaking views of lush gardens, lava rock waterways, or swimming lagoons. Here in this pristine setting, all cares fade away as guests experience the sights, sounds, and flavors of Maui. 83% of the resort’s 508 rooms and suites have ocean views and all come equipped with furnished balconies, wireless internet, and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Beds. Part of the hotel is built on Black Rock (Hawaiian name Pu‘u Keka‘a, see page 50 for more). Every night they have a torch lighting ceremony culminating with the torch bearer leaping off the short cliff at Pu‘u Keka‘a. This is a re-enactment of King Kahekili’s leap in the 1700s, which demonstrated to his subjects that he had god-like powers. (The Hawaiians believed that this is the area where spirits go to depart this world after death, and any living persons jumping here would die.) The ceremony is dramatic and offers excellent photo ops. Snorkeling and SCUBA around Black Rock are superb.
Amenities & Activities
A daily resort fee of $25 plus tax per room (subject to change) is collected upon check-out. The fee covers:
- Unlimited wireless high-speed internet access in guest rooms, lobby and near the poolside bars
- First night valet and self-parking thereafter
- Unlimited local telephone calls (on-island)
- Toll-free telephone call access up to 60 minutes
- Starwood Maui scheduled shuttle service to Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, and downtown Lahaina
- Kaanapali Resort scheduled shuttle service to Kaanapali Golf Clubhouse, Whaler’s Village Shopping Center, Kaanapali resorts and hotels, and The Fairway Shops at Kaanapali;
- Cultural activities such as hula lessons, lei making, and coconut weaving;
- Yoga and Pilates classes at a minimal fee
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa offers 508 guestrooms spread over 23 acres of oceanfront luxury. Sliding-glass doors open to private furnished lanais. Island-inspired decor includes soft earth tones, dark woods, and Hawaiian art. Most rooms are at the center of the resort, leading directly to Black Rock.
Terrace, Garden, Partial Ocean view, Ocean view, Oceanfront and four suites
Black Rock Steak & Seafood
Black Rock Terrace
Cuisine: Local Hawaiian
Cliff Dive Bar
Mai Tai Bar
The keiki program at the Westin Maui resort is $70 per day, $52 per night. They have free family movie nights outdoors twice a week in the summer.
This resort participates in the Sheraton Stay at One, Play at All program, which allows guests signing privileges at the neighboring Westin Maui Resort. Children under 12 eat free at select restaurants.
- Extra person charges may apply depending on hotel policy.
- There are no room charges for children under 18 when occupying same room as adults and using existing beds in room. If additional bed (rollaway)is required, the additional person charge applies. – There is no charge for a crib.
- Rollaways and cribs may be available and should be requested at the time of booking; fees may apply.
Weddings and Honeymooners
Whether you are planning the wedding of your dreams or reconnecting with your loved one with a vow renewal, the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa offers the perfect wedding packages to create memories that will last a lifetime. Honeymoon Registry available.
Package Inclusions TBA
4 star Luxury family and couples